- This event has passed.
NAIFA Tampa Bay Women’s Forum
November 19 @ 11:30 am - 1:15 pm
11:30 A.M. TO 1:00
Susan L Combs is the CEO of Combs & Company, a full service insurance brokerage firm with an expertise in the “weird & unusual.” Leveraging a knack for solving difficult circumstances, Combs & Co. has become a go-to resource for those companies that don’t fit an insurance carriers’ typical profile, such as entertainment, food, and international companies setting up their first U.S. operations. Susan also serves on the Advisory Board of Directors for Allay, Inc and Oscar Health, both insurance technology companies based in San Francisco and NYC respectively. She is the youngest National President (2014-2015) in the over 80-year history of Women in Insurance & Financial Services (WIFS), and served on the National Board for 7 years. In addition, Susan works diligently to stay current with the myriad of changes in the insurance industry. Currently, Susan is one of just seven brokers in New York City metro area to have the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) designation. Her expertise in this complex area of health insurance has established Susan as a highly sought after expert witness, advisor, and speaker on the Affordable Care Act (ACA) by law firms, reinsurance companies, and organizations around the country. Most recently, Susan was the first female to receive the Broker of the Year (BOY) Award by BenefitsPro Magazine and was the recipient of Women in Insurance & Financial Services’ highest honor, Woman of the Year!
Even though Susan lives in NYC, she’s just a “Missouri girl in a New York world.” She grew up in King City, MO, a town of less than 1,000 people, with her mom, dad and two older brothers. She left the northwest corner of Missouri in 2001 to seek her success in NYC. Susan’s late father was a retired Major General AND county judge, while her mother owned a Merle Norman Cosmetics Studio and travel agency. (So, entrepreneurship is in her blood.) Susan’s interests are as diverse as her upbringing. She is a HUGE Kansas City Chiefs (Super Bowl LIV World Champs) and Royals (2015 World Champs) fan, and is always cheering for her alma mater, the Mizzou Tigers! She lives in Queens with her amazing husband, Sean, and their two furry kids, Pepper and Roxy. Susan loves playing football, hockey, is an avid CrossFitter and she’s a whiz in the kitchen and even owns a Mexican restaurant with her husband in her Missouri hometown!
Celine J. Pastore, CRPC®, MRFC®
After losing her dad to Alzheimer’s and watching her mom, a self-made businesswoman, lose everything to a nursing home, Celine Pastore made it her life’s purpose, as a fiduciary and financial advocate, to help protect families from the common pitfalls of money, life, and business.
- Celine is the youngest of five who was born on Long Island, NY and is a first-generation Irish American
- She is an Investor Advisor Representative
- She also holds a Life, Health, and Annuity Insurance License
- She additionally holds the designation of Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC®) as well as that of a Master Registered Financial Consultant (MRFC®).
- She most recently has been awarded the Women’s Choice Award for Financial Advisors which is the only recognition program for well-qualified advisers who are committed to the women’s market and serving their female clients.
- She has also hosted her own radio talk show in Tampa Bay under the name Women’s Wealth Radio
- Celine lives in Palm Harbor, FL with her husband Frank of over 25 years and they have two beautiful grown children together, Nicole & Anthony.
- Celine has been a NAIFA member since she was first licensed in 2015 and quickly jumped into a leadership role by joining the board of NAIFA North Suncoast as the programs chair where she won both the Outstanding New Member Achievement Award as well as the James Keegan Meritorious Award for outstanding service.
- She is currently serving as the Vice President for NAIFA Tampa Bay and plans on taking the helm as President in 2021.