- This event has passed.
NAIFA-Northeast FL- The Financial Burdens of the Opioid Epidemic and The Role of the Financial Advisor
April 27 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
April 27, 2023
11:30AM – 1:00PM
The Financial Burdens of the Opioid Epidemic and
The Role of the Financial Advisor
A presentation by
Cheryl Canzanella, CLU, ChSNC, LUTCF
Retirement Solutions Advisor
As the opioid epidemic worsens across the US, the toll it imposes on the economy has risen to overwhelming heights causing an economic loss of more than $1,021 billion. The staggering numbers of opioid use disorder (OUD), overdoses and deaths continue to escalate, while threatening the economy, careers, family finances and retirement dreams. Protecting clients reaches beyond simply offering insurance, investments, or tax-saving strategies to protect, build and distribute their assets. Cheryl Canzanella, CLU, ChSNC, LUTCF has made it a priority to educate and prepare financial professionals to help their clients facing financial burdens due to the opioid epidemic.
This program is approved for 1 hour of CFP credit through program ID #312403.
Participants will learn:
- How to identify unusual or repetitive financial behavior that could indicate addiction.
- What the opioid epidemic is, how we got here and impact to the economy, businesses, and families.
- What questions to ask and how to have a conversation about addiction and its financial implications.
- Resources to offer clients facing opioid addiction and where to send them for help.
- Understand key financial strategies that should be considered.
Click here to learn more about our speaker.
Terra Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse
4483 Southside Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32216
(Please understand that we may not be able to accommodate walkin’s)
Cost $25 members, $30 non members.
Online prepay and RSVP by 12noon
Monday, March 20th.