LILI isn’t for everyone, and is limited to 14 participants per class. In addition to other selection criteria, candidates have to be well-rounded, financially stable individuals of good character and reputation. Candidates also must demonstrate a desire to make a positive difference in their local association, the industry and their community. Candidates are required to have two full years of insurance or financial services business experience, and must be approved by their local association and the NAIFA-Florida LILI Candidate Selection Committee. Candidates will also be asked to sign a promise to give back two years of volunteer service to their local association.
A new class will begin in August of 2018. Dates are to be determined.
TUITION AND SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
Tuition is $890 (does not include hotel, travel, or meals). Scholarships in the amount of $200 per student are available for the first 10 students who apply – provided by the NAIFA-Florida Education Foundation (NFEF). (NOTE: Scholarships will be granted on a reimbursement basis following class completion and student LILI experience video testimonial submission.
Click here for a testimonial video from 2017 LILI graduate Michele Wilkinson, as provided by the NAIFA-Florida Education Foundation (NFEF).
Need more information? If you think LILI is right for you, or that it is something you need, please contact either Steve Saladino at (813) 872-5869.
- Complete your application now! Click here for the latest LILI Student Application.
LILI ALUMNI NETWORKS ON FACEBOOK
- “I love everything about it. I am truly glad I took this class.” Kathryn L. Suter, Agent with Allstate Insurance Company, NAIFA-Sarasota
- “LILI is all Steve Saladino promised it would be. I am growing exponentially. What a great group! Thank you for recommending it.” Connie Mosley, LUTCF, FSS, SagePoint Financial, Inc., NAIFA-Tampa
- “While LILI is an opportunity for great personal discovery, it also provided plenty of useful, practical assistance that was immediately applicable to my practice. It was fun, challenging, and helped me sharpen my saw. I’m still unwrapping the many gifts that it blessed me with.” Bryon Holz, CLU, ChFC, CASL, LUTCF, NAIFA-Tampa
- “Although the focus was still on us as individuals, I realized that LILI is about much more than improving our locals. It is all about developing ourselves and our leadership capacity within ourselves. The skills I have learned will benefit me for my lifetime.” Kolleen Edwards, NAIFA-Pensacola
- “When I was approached to take the LILI program, my first reaction was: “Why? What’s wrong with me?” And then I had to consider the demands of my personal life — my Mom had recently passed away, I needed to concentrate on my business, the time and distance commitment, etc., etc., etc. Part of what I learned in LILI was the invitation to join the class was a compliment — about what was actually right with me, not wrong. LILI assists us in identifying our strengths and weaknesses, solidifies our commitments, and defines the meaning of integrity beyond anything we thought possible. I was a 2008 LILI Graduate and I own my own business. I was the first Paramedical representative to take LILI in Florida, and as a results, 2008 was the best year I’d had until then (by far!). The fundamental emotional fortitude you find in LILI never leaves you. If someone cares enough about you to approach you about LILI, or you care enough about yourself, your relationships and your career, I urge you to take the leap of faith. You will not regret it. It is a small investment in becoming a better YOU.” ……… Alicia Burst, NAIFA-Jacksonville
- “LILI was indeed worth the time commitment. Not only did we establish deeper personal relationships with our class members, we learned that we were not alone in this daily struggle called life. The LILI coursework put heavy emphasis on personal development through a number of resources: books, movies, and our own required writing assignments. It reminded me of college, except more practical than theoretical. We were required to dive into uncomfortable areas but the end results of the exercise were quite rewarding. I would strongly recommend participation in LILI. It matters not one’s age or experience, only the willingness to learn.”….. Curtis Neuman, NAIFA-Ocala
- “LILI’s coursework provided valuable growth opportunities – how to grow professionally, how to grow personally — and it gave me a richer understanding of my professional association. As a result of my LILI experience, I feel I’ve become more well-rounded both as a professional and as an individual. More importantly, I’ve become a better leader.” ……… Jeff Chernoff, NAIFA-Tampa
- “As a LILI graduate, more than anything else, I became more committed to NAIFA and, specifically, to my local association.” ……. Denwood Parrish, NAIFA- Space Coast
- “For years I put off applying for LILI because I wasn’t sure what benefit I would receive by attending yet another ” leadership” class! I was totally wrong in my skepticism and have been pleasantly surprised by the wealth of wisdom & opportunities afforded me after graduation! This class isn’t just for growing your business. The skills you’ll learn will help you in your everyday life, especially with challenging family dynamics that so many of us are facing.” ……… Toni Stanaland, NAIFA-Tampa
- “I took LILI in Harrisburg, PA about five years ago. It was a life changing event. After the 5th or final 6th class, something changed in me. I finally had inner peace and happiness for the first time in my life. I’m puzzled that the NY Life’s, Mass Mutual’s, Pru’s, and Northwestern Mutual’s of the world do not make this a mandatory class for their advisors, and then pay for the class upon completion.” ………. William Small, NAIFA- Palm Beaches
- “I participated in LILI five years ago and found it to be an incredible experience! The friendships made were priceless and impactful. The information and skills developed have helped me become a much better agent. I would recommend that anyone serious about our industry should sign up and attend a LILI course — it will be a life changer!” ….. Blake Thomas, NAIFA-Daytona Beach