It’s no secret: we need YOU! Attending the NAIFA-Florida Legislative Day On The Hill in Tallahassee is your opportunity to participate in the political process. NAIFA-Florida protects your career before the Legislature. OUR voices must be heard…and WE can’t do it without YOU!
NAIFA-Florida is very excited to announce that the 2016 Herb Morgan Memorial Luncheon will be
held at the University Center Club at Florida State University Doak Campbell Stadium!
- 6:30 pm – Herb Morgan Remembrance Dinner- Join fellow members for dinner as they remember Herb Morgan, former CEO of NAIFA-Florida. Dinner will be held at A La Provence on the eve of Day on the Hill in Tallahassee, Florida. Please note that since this is an “unofficial” NAIFA-Florida event, it is not included in your registration. Meals will be at the expense of the attendee.
- 10:00 am – Registration Desk at the University Center Club (411 Stadium Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32304) opens for pick up of attendee packets and position papers
- 11:00 am – 1:30 pm: Herb Morgan Memorial Luncheon at the University Center Club (411 Stadium Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32304). NAIFA-FL Lobbyist Tim Meenan will lead the discussion on our advocacy efforts and positions on proposed legislation affecting our industry!
- 1:30 – 5:00 pm: Afternoon Appointments with Legislators at the Capitol- Following the luncheon and briefing you’ll meet with your elected representatives and their aides at the Capitol.
- 5:30 – 7:00 pm: Legislative Reception. Meet and greet with your fellow attendees and legislators on the 22nd Floor of the Capitol Gallery.
- IFAPAC & Membership Training for Local Association Leaders- Local leaders are invited to join us for the annual IFAPAC & membership training sessions! Everyone is welcome! IFAPAC will begin at 8:00 am and membership will begin at 9:30 am.
Parking for the luncheon will be available in the visitor parking lot only. A parking ticket will be issued upon entry. Please bring that ticket to the registration desk so we can validate your parking. Failure to do so will result in payment due upon exit of the lot.
Since the luncheon location is further from the Capitol, you will need to move your car downtown to attend your legislative appointments. We recommend parking at the Kleman Plaza Parking Garage off of Duval Street. This is a public parking garage and NAIFA-Florida will not be able to validate this parking for you. Parking rates are very reasonable!
$2.00 – 0 to 2 hours
$.50 for each additional hour (max. $6.00 per day)
Business attire is requested. Also, remember to bring your business cards for networking!
The Holiday Inn Express (formerly the Cabot Lodge) is our host hotel and is located at 1653 Raymond Diehl Road. The room rate is $119 and includes a continental breakfast! Make reservations by calling (850) 386-7500 and tell them you’re with NAIFA-FL to get our group rate. Our room block cut off is January 4, 2016. After this date, neither the rate or room availability is guaranteed.